1. Admission- General Conditions:
A student seeking admission to any class in a ‘School’ will be eligible for admission to that Class only if he :
(i) has been studying in a School recognised by or affiliated to this Board or any other recognised Board of Secondary Education in India;
(ii) has passed qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination making him eligible for admission to that Class;
(iii) satisfies the requirements of age limits (minimum and maximum) as determined by the State/U. T. Government and applicable to the place where the School is located;
(a) The School Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate signed by the Head of the Institution last attended and countersigned, if required as provided elsewhere, in these Byelaws;
(b) Document(s) in support of his having passed the qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination; and
(c) Date of Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Birth and Deaths, where-ever existing,as proof of date of birth.
2. Admission: Specific Requirements
2.1 Admissions upto Class VIII (i.e. Class VIII and below) shall be regulated by the rules, regulations, orders of the State/U.T. Governments applicable to the place where the School is located.
2.2 Admission to Class IX in a school shall be open only to such a student who has passed class VIII examination from an institution affiliated to this Board or to any recognised Board or is recognised by the Education Department of the Government of the State/U. T. in which such an institution is located.
2.3 Admission to Class X : – As the syllabus prescribed at Secondary level is of two years integrated course, no admission shall be taken in Class X directly. Provided further that admission to Class X in a school shall be open only to such a student who:
(a) has completed a regular course of study for class IX, and
(b) has passed class IX examination from an institution affiliated to this Board.
(c) A student who has completed a regular course of study for Class IX and has passed Class IX examination from an institution recognised by/affiliated to any recognised Board in India, other than this Board, can be admitted to a school only on the transfer of the parent(s) or shifting of their families from one place to another, after procuring from the students the mark sheet and the Transfer Certificate duly countersigned by the Educational Authorities of the Board concerned. In case of such admissions the schools would obtain post facto approval of the Board within one month of admission of the student.
2.4 Admission to Class XI : – Admission to class XI in a school shall be open only to such a student who has passed :
(a) Secondary School Examination (Class X examination) conducted by this Board; or
(b) an equivalent examination conducted by any other recognised Board of Secondary Education/ Indian University and recognised by this Board as equivalent to its secondary school examination.
2.5 Admission to Class XII :-
(i) No admission shall be taken in Class XII directly. Provided further that admission to Class XII in a school shall be open only to such a student who:
(a) has completed a regular course of study for class XI; and
(b) has passed Class XI examination from a school affiliated to this Board.
(ii) A student who has completed a regular course of study for Class XI and has passed Class XI Examination from an institution recognised by / affiliated to any recognised Board in India, other than this Board, can be admitted to a school only on the transfer of the parent(s) or shifting of their families from one place to another, after procuring from the student the marksheet and the Transfer Certificate duly countersigned by the Educational Authorities of the Board concerned. In case of such admissions the schools would obtain post facto approval of the Board within one month of the admission of the student.
3. Registration Procedure and Rules :
- Registrations Forms to be filled in and to be submitted to the School Office before the end of the Registration period.
- Incomplete or Illegible Registration Forms, without photographs will not be processed/accepted.
- Dates for tests/interviews/interaction will be given t the time of registration. The School authorities reserve the right to change the date and time of interview.
- Merely issue of form and registration does not guarantee admission, which is subject to availability of seats and other procedures.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation or concerned civic authority must accompany the registration Form of Class Pre-Nursery onwards. Photocopy of last Report Card of the last exam passed must be attached with the Registration Form for Class I and above. If the results have not been declared, admission will be formulized on submission of the document after the result declaration and till such time all formalities are completed, admission granted will be provisional only.
4. Admission Procedure : Entrance Test/Interview
- There will be a written test for students seeking admission from Class I upwards. Only those candidates who cleared the written test will be called for the interview.
5. Admission Formalities
- The date of birth of the child is required to be supported by the Birth Certificate in original issued by the Municipal Corporation / Local Body as applicable, along with a Photostat copy thereof. An affidavit or any other evidence is not applicable in place of Birth Certificate. It is to be attached with the Admission Forms for classes Nursery & Prep. For classes I and above, Transfer Certificate is to be attached. For classes V and above Transfer Certificate must be counter-signed by the concerned State Education Authority.
- Parents are to report at the Reception Counter on the dates specified in the joining instructions.
- Your ward has to report in proper School Uniform, along with the books and stationery as prescribed by the School.
Prospectus and Registration forms for admission can be obtained from the school office.